Think Energy Efficiency First
Before you install a PV system on your existing home, you will need to have an energy efficiency audit.
This audit will tell you the things you can do to cut your energy use. Some suggestions might include:
- Replacing old appliances with new energy-efficient models.
- Replacing older water heaters with new ones.
- Insulating the home if it has no insulation. Or increasing the insulation in attics or below the floors.
- Caulking around doors and windows.
- Replacing incandescent lights with compact fluorescent or LED bulbs.
See our Energy Efficiency First page for more information.