External Educational Resources on Solar Adoption from Outside Organizations
For Prospective Solar Customers
- Center for Resource Solutions - Guidelines for Renewable Energy Claims - An educational guideline about Renewable Energy Claims (RECs)
- CESA - Homeowner's Guide to Solar Financing - A resource from the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) on third-party financing for prospective solar customers
En Español - Guía del propietario de la financiación solar
- Consumer Reports - How to Install a Solar System and Not Get Burned - An article advising potential solar customers with an informational checklist.
- DOE - Small Solar Electric Systems - An educational resource from the Department of Energy (DOE) on the basics of solar PV systems.
- Federal Trade Commission - Solar Power for your Home - A consumer guide for prospective solar customers
- NREL - Solar PV Technology Basics - An educational resource from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) on the basics of solar PV systems.
- SEIA - Consumer Protection - A resource for concerned citizens seeking guidance on consumer protection as it relates to residential solar PV systems.
- SEIA - Third-Party Solar Financing - An educational resource from the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) regarding third-party financing with regards to solar adoption.
- SEIA - Property-Assessed Clean Energy - An educational resource on an alternative financing method known as Property-Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) for prospective solar customers.
- SEIA - Residential Consumer Guide to Solar Power - A comprehensive consumer guide for prospective solar customers.
For Solar Industry Professionals
- SEIA - Solar Business Code - A pro-competitive business code to promote transparency, good faith, and understanding in the U.S. solar energy industry. This is a voluntary code of conduct within the solar industry that all SEIA member companies must abide by at the national level.